Monday, March 5, 2012

Quote of the Week

“Worrying is like a rocking chair: it gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere.” Unknown


Absolutely one of the most fabulous quotes EVAH! I mean really… seriously… these few words speak such large volumes about the subject. Humans tend to be such control freaks even when we don’t mean to be. We say we are going to follow the process. We do all this work to focus on that we want and to visualize our dreams in such great clarity, it could rival the highest quality HDMI TV, but then we try to physical CONTROL how it’s all going to come about. Instead of letting go, to allow the universe/higher mind/inner being/source energy to do its work, we allow our egos to force us into to trying to take control. We are afraid that if we don’t grab the reigns and dictate the details then it won’t happen. In essence we (in the words of Bashar) “try to worry things into existence,” because we don’t truly have faith in the process. We hold ourselves in the same pattern of life, because while on one hand we focus on what we want, we continue to WORRY about the things we don’t want (which are often things we are already experiencing and trying to “get away” from).


So I’ve decided that from now on, I am going to allow myself to enjoy life as it comes. I will still focus on the inception of things I desire, but once the vision is deeply rooted within me, I am going to do my best to surrender it to the universe and allow my higher mind to do its job, while freeing my physical consciousness to enjoy the manifestations of my current situations.  

No comments:

Post a Comment