Friday, June 29, 2012

Rearview Mirror

This actually happened to me last Tuesday and I shared it with a few close friends. The experience is still with me today so I'm sharing it again.



“There’s no need to continuously look back in order to successfully move forward.” I thought of this, as I realized that The Universe has been trying to teach me this lesson apparently for the last 6 years. When I was pregnant with my oldest son, my husband disconnected my rearview mirror from my windshield mere weeks after I’d gotten my Cadillac. I tease him all the time about “breaking” my mirror. Then shortly after, we experienced one of the harshest times, but greatest expansions and moments of clarity and learning we’d ever been through. Well the ole’ girl outlived her time and now I have this car (My Malibu)… today as I went to adjust my rearview mirror guess what happened. Yep, that baby just came right off in my hand. I fell out laughing then and there. I use my rearview mirror obsessively, constantly checking on it, worrying if I am inconveniencing the people behind me, if someone is riding my bumper, etc. Well I can’t really do much of that anymore can I lol? No rearview mirror means I am solely dependent on trusting my instincts regarding what I see in front of me, and now I only need to check behind me when it’s really, really, necessary (i.e. changing lanes or backing up for some reason). I’ll be making sure I get the lesson this time, because worrying about my past surely isn’t going to help me positively develop my present or future, but using it wisely when needed absolutely will be to my benefit.

It’s never too late to get the lesson, even if it takes six years to get it. The Universe will provide you with opportunities until you acknowledge the gift and accept the offering. What’s your rearview mirror story? I’m sure we all have one.

“There’s a reason your windshield is larger than your rearview mirror.  It’s more important to know where you are going than to look back at where you’ve been.” I don’t know who said this, but I’ve always known there is a reason that I like this quote. ;)

Just so you know, I decided to leave the mirror down for a few. It's interesting living life through an altered perspective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment