Friday, September 14, 2012

Figuring it Out Vs. Allowing it to Happen


This is by far one of my biggest struggles. I am one of those control freak type people (hey don’t judge me) that likes to know from step A –Z, how I’m going to accomplish something, whether it’s a trip to the grocery store or buying a new car. If I don’t already know HOW I’m going to get something then I feel like I must “figure it out.” But that’s not really the point of all this life stuff is it?

Aren’t we supposed to be enjoying the journey of life unfolding, while trusting in the universe and allowing the potential of all there is to bring us exactly what we’ve desired? I mean, at least that’s what I’ve been studying since… you know… birth. Though I know the process, this allowing, this letting go of the control is by far one of my greatest points of expansion.

All through life we are basically told we should have all the answers and if we don’t have them we should find them. But what does this cause other than stress and a general lack of appreciation for what we have? In searching for something “better” we often lose focus on what we’ve already accomplished and push aside the importance of being grateful for what we already have.

What if today, we all decided to put just a little more energy into appreciating NOW (‘cause that’s all we really have anyway) and releasing the control over the things we frankly don’t know the answers too? I bet if we just allowed ourselves to feel genuinely good about what we have, we’d be one step closer to manifesting those things we so desire.

In the words of someone I totally adore, “Just a little something to think about.”

Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment