Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Comfort

There are times in life when we all need a little comfort. As much as we all want to be strong and positive all the time, sometimes we just get down… and it’s okay. But what do we do to pick ourselves back up? It’s one thing to fall, but it’s another to stay and wallow in the dirt. Wallowing only allows time for more negativity to sprout and grow roots within our minds. Though there may be many things that have the potential to get me down, there are also many, that have the potential to lift me up… if I allow them to.

One of my favorite and most effective methods of getting my mind right, is to clear my mind as much as possible. If I’m not focusing on anything in particular, then I can’t be focused on anything bad. I’ve also noticed that my mind and body both feel more at ease when I ease up on my focus. Even when we are focused on something good, if we press to hard we can focus the fun right out of it. Sometimes we just have to let go of the control and go with it (whatever it may be). If clearing my mind doesn’t work I find something else I love to do like playing with my kids, calling a good friend, listening to music, watching or reading a nice romance (happily ever after how can you go wrong with that), learning to cook a new dish from scratch (talk about something to consume your mind) and there is always retail therapy. So the next time you feel a little off or down try distracting yourself with something you like or even nothing at all and see how it goes. You may be surprised at the results.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment