Friday, July 27, 2012

Current Score: Universe Four Hundred Fifty Skillion (Yes That Much), Michelle…


…Well that doesn’t really matter does it?

So, regardless of how the universe has been kicking my patootie I am still determined to get this stuff down. I will be the embodiment of my beliefs all (well most) of the time and I work pretty hard at practicing what I “preach.” Living by example is, to me, the best way to learn and teach. And with that being said, here’s a new little (or maybe not so little) tidbit of how the universe has worked its magic in my environment... AGAIN!

Typically (probably more like always) when we are struggling with a specific something (or specific somethings) and we’ve notified the universe (by way of intentional or unintentional means) the universe helps. By helping, I mean it bombards you with opportunities of expansion, as often as moment to moment until you acknowledge the issue and decide to actively take the steps provided to let it go.

SO this week (Week of 7/23 to be exact), I’d been receiving a lot of messages regarding worrying. *scratches chin* I mean why would I need to work on worrying? I certainly don’t have an issue with worry. *in my haughty know it all voice* Hehe, well, regardless of what I thought, I received many messages from avenues that provide profound guidance to me on a regular basis. Well after reading these messages (yes they were literal messages that I receive from regular sources) I started to feel that I should be looking deeper as to why there seemed to be so many coming at once regarding the same topic.

Well it turned out that I HAD been worrying. See when it comes to me, I hardly ever worry. I know I can handle anything (because I’ve shown myself many times over that I can), however my children are a different story entirely. I tend to immediately go down the path of worry when they’re involved. So as discussed in one of my last posts, I had to get my oldest son registered for Kindergarten (who told him he was allowed to become a school aged child, I still need to get to the bottom of that). Well, finally having completed registration (spiders and all), he still needed before and after school care. There is no way, with our work hours, either my husband or I could be there when the bus arrived to get him or drop him back off. Dropping him off and picking him up directly during school hours was also out of our reach, at least from our current perspectives.

This being our first time having this experience, we had no clue how to go about finding this type of care, and the school’s website left not an inkling of info regarding how it could be obtained (so helpful, really /sarcasm). Let me also add that I had about a week to come up with a solution. (no pressure /more sarcasm) Yes, I was definitely getting worried. BUT, I also knew that worry would not get the results we all wanted. So, I toned down the worry, and did some Google searching instead, which resulting in obtaining a starting point.

 Of course the idea of the place I THOUGHT I liked the best had a wait list. (YAY! /had enough sarcasm yet?) Regardless, we came up with possible alternatives that could suffice until that particular location would be able to accommodate the care of my son. Well (I really do say well a lot), The Man called the number provided on the website and the location we called was specifically for a certain school, as they were located onsite. Turns out, the company has multiple programs for the majority of public schools in the area (onsite). Why I was not informed of this from the get go… really doesn’t matter at this point.

What does matter, is that I didn’t give up and go back to worrying, after this “set back.” Again I had some tools at my disposal and chose to use them. I decided to go back and perform another Google search this time with the name of the school and “before/after school care.” Would you know it, this is exactly how I found just what I needed. I called the number listed, got the info needed and made arrangements to complete the registration for the program… THAT DAY!  Can you believe that LESS than 24hrs after I’d decided to stop worrying, and instead start using the tools I already had in my possession, everything I needed was given to me? There’s something to be said about trusting the process. I’m just saying. ;)

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment