Friday, July 13, 2012

Spiders... Ugh!


I’ve been working on my issues with time. The Man and I realized that we spend so much time worrying, about time, that we never actually fully enjoy our… time. The account below happened to me on Monday just shortly (a few days) after we decided that we were going to work on caring more about doing things we enjoy, FULLY, than how much time we felt it would take to fit them all in to the day. So on Monday I had planned to do my hair (wash, blow dry and flat iron all takes about 2hrs), take our rental car back, get the kids to daycare (before the cutoff time) and then head to work. (Boy the word time is certainly a prominent one in our lives/society isn’t it?)

Monday 7/9/12 Email to The Man:

I decided that I would still get through all my plans this morning (including doing my hair, I really wanted to get that trim and I can’t get a cut if it’s not straight). So knowing I had so much to get done, I messaged my supervisors to let them know I’d be a few hours late. Well then just after you left, I decided to go shower so I could do my hair.

Well… (d@mn universe) I went to turn on the water and then get some things together. When I came back to the shower there was a small spider on the shower curtain (which of course made me freak out having arachnophobia and all, which I am still working on), then I brushed it away and lost where it went (not good). Then as I was about to get in, there was another one blowing in the wind current, from the water, right by my loofah (very not good). Well I lost track of that one too (all bad). Then as I was agitatedly trying to get my mind together (and possibly looking for the first spider from the curtain) there was one on the wall not far from the showerhead (Are you f#*$&%* kidding me?!). (Yeah, I was all riled up and said bad words so sue me)

Well by this time it’d been 30 minutes after you’d left and I was just ready to lose it! So I decided that I would shower in the guest bathroom, because there was no way I was going to get any peace in ours. So I took all the crap I needed, washed my @ss and my hair and got out. Steadily, I tried not to focus on the fact that 30 mins of my “precious” time had been “wasted.” So I finished with my shower and went about getting more things together for work, letting my hair air dry, oiling myself, all my usual stuff. Regardless of how time seemed to be working against me, I was determined to get my hair done, The Kid registered for school, keys returned, both boys to daycare before 9 AM as that’s their cutoff so they can do a headcount for safety and then finally get to work… you know before the day ended. Everything seemed to be so time sensitive.

Well, I was not to be deterred. I went about blow-drying my hair, got the kids out of bed and fed them cereal since I knew they’d miss breakfast at daycare. I laid out their clothes, then straightened my hair. As I went along, I tried to stay positive about getting him registered, trying not to be concerned about them running out of spots or taking too long once I got there. Trying not to be concerned about how long it would take to turn in the keys, trying not to be concerned about getting the kids to daycare on time. Those things all crossed my mind, but I still proceeded as if I would complete every single task on my list, within perfect timing.

So I made it out the door and got to the school by 8:15 (you know they open at 7:30, or they are supposed to). Well because of the spiders I got there at 8:15, and do you know, I walked in RIGHT behind the secretary! Had I gotten there at 7:30 I would have just been sitting there waiting… probably getting aggravated about how much time I was wasting waiting lol. I followed her in, she helped me right away, I was out in five minutes. Then I hightailed it over to Enterprise. I was helped as soon as I got there, signed what I needed to sign and went on to daycare, where I arrived with about 6 minutes to spare. After that I made it to work by 9:10 AM and you already know the rest. 

Isn’t life just crazy? I know what I’ve gleaned from this experience. I’m wondering what other people may be thinking…

Thanks for coming by.

Love,



No comments:

Post a Comment