Monday, July 23, 2012

Quote of the Week


“A mind too active is no mind at all.” Theodore Roethke

I can relate to this quote on so many levels as I used to consistently have so much on my mind, at one time, I’d get massive headaches. Not so good. I was taught some very good meditations to help alleviate this situation. The most effective one I was taught had everything to do with allowing/letting go and nothing to do with control.

The basic premise of this meditation (l like to call it Void) was to become still, and instead of trying to “control” my thoughts (which is pretty much impossible anyway), I would let them flow in and then out of my mind, never latching on long term to any specific thought. This way, nothing ever got the chance to get stuck. I couldn’t take the opportunity to ponder, linger or dwell upon any certain thoughts. What this allowed me to do, was stay in the moment, which is where most of us trying to be anyway.

What this caused was a fantastic allowing and releasing of energy that I had been clinging to. When I was able to allow that energy to flow, instead of just clogging me up, it made it easier for me to be openly receptive to my good, especially when it came to creative inspiration. Because I wasn’t busy worrying about how things would come, they just came. Just some food for thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment